Godolphin Stables, Newmarket

Formerly known as Stanley House Stables this historic complex, a racing landmark, was built by Frederick Stanley, 16th Earl of Derby in 1903. The history of racing is tangible here – framed horseshoes in the stables memorialise more than a century of Classic contenders – but today Godolphin Stables is also a state-of-the-art training yard with a swimming pool, sea walker, equine spas and private grass and all-weather gallops.

The summer base of trainer Saeed bin Suroor, Godolphin Stables has capacity for up to 115 horses, all of them receiving the best care and attention from the team at Godolphin.

Godolphin horses based here have recorded many notable victories, with the brilliant Shamardal, fellow Classic winner Dubawi, Rio De La Plata, Ibn Khaldun, Creachadoir, Cherry Mix, Punctilious, Librettist, Ramonti and the 2009 St Leger hero Mastery among the Group One winners.

Facilities - Godolphin Stables